Camp Friends has recognized the need to provide financial support to enhance the likelihood that Great Trail Camp will remain open for future generations of local Girl Scouts. Girl Scouts of North East Ohio has reported they are developing a long-range plan for all of the Girl Scout camps in North East Ohio.
Camp Friends will continue to raise funds by hosting a variety of events as well as by applying for grants and partnering with businesses and other organizations. The Mission Statement of Camp Friends indicates all funds raised by the group are intended to be used to encourage girls to experience camping and to support camp improvements and programming.
In 2010 Camp Friends' successful fundraisers and the support of the community generated enough funds to:
- Support three programs for girls at Great Trail Camp
- Provide camperships for girls at Great Trail Camp
- Develop a camp rental subsidy program
- Build two woodsheds for the storage of firewood
- Replace an outhouse - project scheduled for this spring. This project has been put on hold because of council's decision to close and sell Great Trail Camp. Camp Friends is continuing to work to keep the camp open for girls to enjoy and use.
The Fiduciary Agent for Camp Friends is the Louisville Community Foundation, a non-profit organization that can maintain and oversee donations for specific community projects.
Tax-deductible donations may be made to Camp Friends and mailed to 1236 Danbury Rd., NW, North Canton, OH 44720.
For additional information, including membership options, or to volunteer your help and support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.